January 21, 2010

Freezer Meals

Freezer meals are the best! I plan menu's each week for Alex and I and they are perfect for the nights that we are super busy! My friends from our ward do a group each month, they usually keep it to 10 girls and swap meals(Check out the blog!). The basic idea is that you cook a meal of your choice in one day and make enough of it for 10 meals, yourself included. Then you pick a day to meet and swap meals...so you end up with 9 different dinners that are freezer ready and already prepared! It's SO nice and so fun! I loved it. I think I will continue doing it! Especially since the baby is coming very quickly and I probably won't feel up to cooking much.
But I think it's something any of you could do, just get a group of cute girls together- set a budget (Ours was $8 per meal), and how many servings it should be (ours was 4 servings) and pick a day to meet! It's so easy and worth the one day of cooking! So for $80 I got about 20 meals worth! And it's fun to get another excuse to meet up with cute girls and hang out! Thanks Michelle for the invite!

My meal I made, Chicken and veggie sauce that you poor over biscuits.


What I came home with! Salsa chicken, Chicken and Wild rice soup, pizza bagels, Hawaiian haystacks, taco soup, crock pot roast, zesty Italian chicken, and apricot chicken!
There is a blog where we all post what meals we made, check it out... Freezer Food Friends for some great recipes!!

8 comments:

nicole lindsay said...

Awesome! I wished that I had done that when I had Parker.

Michelle said...

I'm glad you did it with us this month and have liked it so far! We'd love to have you keep doing it with us! I'm excited to try your meal! I love doing the freezer meal group thing! All the meals are so yummy and I hardly ever have to cook :)!

Kristine said...

That looks like so much fun!!! Thank you for posting the link too!

Jessie and Brody said...

Hey girl! I randomly found your blog somwhow?.. you look great! Hope you're all doing well!

David and Amelia said...

I like this thank you for the link i can't wait to try the recipes.

becky rigby said...

Yay for freezer meals! =) I really want to get that cookie recipe from you.

The Parks' said...

Loved your meal Danielle!!! Delic!! :) and what a cute post!

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

what a great idea :) I found you through a friends blog and hope to take your idea to a group of friends. Thanks for the advice. Jael.marchena@gmail.com