In looking back at all the photos I have for Christmas, Alex's birthday, New Years, Family get togethers and friend hang outs...I get a little overwhelmed in trying to get caught up. Ha I hope to be up to date soon! In the mean time here are just a few pictures I have of our Christmas. It was simply wonderful.
Alex and I started a few family traditions of our own:
Alex and I started a few family traditions of our own:
making cookies,
taking treats to close friends and neighbors,
a service opportunity each year,
new Christmas decor,
attending a session at the Salt Lake temple,
ugly sweater parties,
traditional "house" gift each year,
watching the classic Christmas movies,
and most importantly remembering what Christmas is really about. We spent the crazy month of December doing all these things and tried to fit in as much time together that we could. It was so fun, we really love that time of year. It's our favorite. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I usually do....
Day before Christmas eve- we had our own Christmas and opened our gifts at our house on the day before Christmas Eve. It was just the two of us and it was perfect. Alex surprised me with a few gifts that I LOVED! He always seems to know exactly what I want. I've learned that he pays close attention to what I look at when we are out shopping. He is seriously so great! I love how much he cares. Alex was happy with the things I got him too! And our "house" gift was an entertainment center (thanks Millers for the idea). We love it. We spent the evening enjoying our little family. It was so sweet.
Christmas Eve- We spent the eve with the Davis'. They have a few traditions of their own: pizza, movie in American Fork, egg nog cheers and then gift exchange. We always look forward to this fun filled day. We all exchanged our gifts and spent the rest of the night watching movies and playing games.
Christmas Day- We woke up with the rest of the Davis' and opened the remaining gifts Alex and I had for each other in our stockings and ones from his parents (which were so great, thank you!). My mother in law made a yummy breakfast and we all just relaxed. Next up the Hamilton house which is always a blast and craziness. At my parents everyone waits to have Christmas all together, its so fun but makes for quite a mess. My parents spoiled us again this year, they are so sweet. I love it though everyone opens gifts together and is so happy!
Can't wait for next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment