woke up to snow and heavy rain
Alex made me a great breakfast shake
put on my cute new rain coat
met up with one of my best friends Ciara
and froze.
but the rain stopped just in time for the race at 7am
we were so excited to run together, glad we did :)
ran through long stretches of puddles, which made our feet way heavy
but we never stopped running
our motto "slow and steady wins the race!"
and i'm proud of us.
i had such amazing support between Alex, my mom and Ciara I was set! i really could not have done it with out my husbands help. he runs with me, at my pace to keep me going and is so happy to do it. i find myself looking forward to telling him how far i got on any given day. and he's always excited to hear it. i love him.
and more importantly this is what its about...all the kids who have been sexually abused, no more victims is the charity. we are grateful to be apart of it. (the images in the picture represent all of the kids who have been abused in Davis county, its so sad).
10K in June.
5 comments:
I'm proud of you! Good job!
yeah!!! look at you! that looks like so much fun! I think that once I get back into running shape this winter, and you need a break for the Utah cold, you guys should take a trip to V-town for a visit and I'll find a 5K for us to run together! Deal...I think so!!! I'm so proud and happy for you! you look darling even after a big run!
Way to go! You guys are motivating me to start running. Keep it up!!
I'm so impressed! And that's so fun to have running buddies to keep you going. Congrats!
Looks fun! You've become quite the little runner and I am very impressed :)
Post a Comment