
This past weekend was our 1 year Anniversary!!! So crazy how fast time flies when you're having fun! To celebrate our special day we decided to take a trip and getaway. We left Friday afternoon and returned late Sunday night! It was SO much fun and felt just like our honeymoon except even better! No homework, phones, blogs/fb, just the two of us! It was great!
We LOVE road trips! Especially during this time of year...fall season is SO pretty! I love the fall, the pretty colors, layering clothes and love that we had a fall wedding! It's my favorite season!
FRIDAY:
*On the drive...such pretty yellow trees...
We had such a good time on the drive there and back! Lots of laughing, talking and dancing! ha we are definitely nerds!
*Our hotel room! Alex got us a King Suite, at this brand new hotel, it was so nice and comfy!

On Friday before we left to dinner, I remembered I was due for another picture....my stomach has definitely gotten bigger! I love it though, it's so fun being pregnant! Today I am 17 weeks!
We had dinner then watched a good movie to relax and settle in. SO fun!
SATURDAY:
*Saturday was a big day for us and very eventful. We started the day off with a nice hot breakfast at the hotel, it was delicious! Then we got ready and headed out for some shopping! We bought some cute clothes and got lunch. When we got back to the hotel, we decided it was time for some swimming....we loved it! The weather was perfect, 87 degrees! It was so nice to swim again, and lay out by the pool. Me in the shade, Alex in the sun haha it works for us!
*Then we showered again, got ready and headed to a fancy dinner! We had so much fun spending this time together!
*After dinner we headed back to the hotel to reminisce of our wedding day by watching our video and eating a piece of our cake......We were pretty excited and just oh so happy!

*We watched our Wedding Video...(temple) & (reception), it made me miss our special day so much! It really was perfect!
The cake however was a little gross..haha something about 1 year old frosting that doesn't taste so good. But it was fun laughing while we ate a tiny piece. It also looked completely different then what it was a year ago...ha.
What it originally looked like!
SUNDAY:
On Sunday we went to the Temple and walked around on the grounds. It is so pretty! It was nice to walk around and talk, such an amazing place. After the temple we stopped by our friends house, the Potter's and had a delicious lunch/dinner with them. It was great to see them because Kalli is pregnant too, and is due 1 day before me! Our stomachs look the exact same, a relief to know I am right on track. After dinner we left and headed home. We really wanted to stay and were definitely sad to leave.

Our Wedding
One year ago... 10. 17. 08
d.JPG)
b.jpg)
c.jpg)
We LOVE road trips! Especially during this time of year...fall season is SO pretty! I love the fall, the pretty colors, layering clothes and love that we had a fall wedding! It's my favorite season!
FRIDAY:
*On the drive...such pretty yellow trees...
We had such a good time on the drive there and back! Lots of laughing, talking and dancing! ha we are definitely nerds!
On Friday before we left to dinner, I remembered I was due for another picture....my stomach has definitely gotten bigger! I love it though, it's so fun being pregnant! Today I am 17 weeks!
We had dinner then watched a good movie to relax and settle in. SO fun!
*Saturday was a big day for us and very eventful. We started the day off with a nice hot breakfast at the hotel, it was delicious! Then we got ready and headed out for some shopping! We bought some cute clothes and got lunch. When we got back to the hotel, we decided it was time for some swimming....we loved it! The weather was perfect, 87 degrees! It was so nice to swim again, and lay out by the pool. Me in the shade, Alex in the sun haha it works for us!

*We watched our Wedding Video...(temple) & (reception), it made me miss our special day so much! It really was perfect!
The cake however was a little gross..haha something about 1 year old frosting that doesn't taste so good. But it was fun laughing while we ate a tiny piece. It also looked completely different then what it was a year ago...ha.
On Sunday we went to the Temple and walked around on the grounds. It is so pretty! It was nice to walk around and talk, such an amazing place. After the temple we stopped by our friends house, the Potter's and had a delicious lunch/dinner with them. It was great to see them because Kalli is pregnant too, and is due 1 day before me! Our stomachs look the exact same, a relief to know I am right on track. After dinner we left and headed home. We really wanted to stay and were definitely sad to leave.
One year ago... 10. 17. 08
b.jpg)
c.jpg)
I love that we get to spend so much time together because of our schedules and that we do everything together! We've always said that we want to be an active family....so we're always up to something...planning trips, fun activities and relaxing movie nights too. But regardless of what we do its always fun! This past year has definitely been the best year of my life!
We have such a sweet story. I can't believe how it has played out, who knew...
It just keeps getting better and better! I love him more and more everyday! I truly am so grateful for him. He is so cute to me! I love that he has so many amazing qualities, and yet can be a total nerd with me. He is perfect, I am such a lucky girl and couldn't be happier! Love you babe, Happy Anniversary!.jpg)
We have such a sweet story. I can't believe how it has played out, who knew...
In 2006 we met in October
In 2007 he baptized me into the church in October (such an amazing experience!!)
In 2008 we were married in October in the Salt Lake Temple!
In 2009 we are celebrating our One year anniversary and expecting our first baby!
In 2009 we are celebrating our One year anniversary and expecting our first baby!
It just keeps getting better and better! I love him more and more everyday! I truly am so grateful for him. He is so cute to me! I love that he has so many amazing qualities, and yet can be a total nerd with me. He is perfect, I am such a lucky girl and couldn't be happier! Love you babe, Happy Anniversary!
.jpg)
11 comments:
Yay!! One year! It seems like just yesterday we were celebrating our one year and I was prego too! LOL I miss your face. You are such a cute prego!! I'm glad you guys had fun we missed you two!
Love ciara
Happy anniversary! You two are such a cute couple, and I can't wait to see how adorable your little one is!
Looks like a PERFECT little getaway for an anniversary!! You two are seriously such a cute couple. Happy anniversary!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Wow, Time goes by so fast! It sounds like you had a great anniversary! I'm so glad! Also.... I have not been a great blogger lately sorry CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't believe you are pregnant! That is so exciting! You are going to be such a wonderful mother! It is sooooo fun! It's amazing how parenting brings you closer together as husband and wife too! What a blessing! I hope your feeling well and loving having a little one growing inside! :)
what a fun weekend! congratulations on hitting the 1 year mark. just think, next year you're going to have a beautiful little baby!
I can't believe it's already been a year! You are such a geniunely cute and nice couple.
Cali Potter Schmidt? She's pregnant too? Wow, what's in the water up there?! haha, you're so stinkin cute! What an exciting time!
you look so cute prego danielle! im so excited for you and cant wait to find out what you are having!!! being prego sure is fun aint it?!!? how have you been feeling? you two look so happy i am just so excited for you guys!!! love ya!
So I just stumbled across your blog and HOLY COW! You're Prego! I am SO excited for you guys!!! You will be the best mom! Glad you guys are so happy!
I love the tradition of watching the wedding video. me and david started that it it is so fun to re live it all over again
That is so fun you just celebrated your 1st anniversary! It looks like you had a fun getaway. It was neat to read your story, October is definitely a special month for you guys :) I love watching our wedding video, although its been a while. Its fun to remember everything about the special day. And I love the belly shots! Glad Im not the only one who posts them on my blog. I swear I take a new one every week although not much changes lol.
Post a Comment