October 3, 2009

The Best Birthday!!

On September 23, it was my 22nd birthday!!! Boy do I feel old, so weird. It was definitely one of my most favorite birthdays! It started off great...I went to work and I was SO surprised because my wonderful boss and friends decorated my spot with balloons, cards, my favorite candies and cookies!! It was great! All day long clients could see that it was my birthday because of the decorations, so I got wished a happy b-day a lot! I really LOVE my job and the people I work with at Zions Bank! Decoration and goodies I brought home from work!. THEN....
Alex came to my work in Salt Lake and picked me up and we headed to Gateway to shop!!! I was very excited about this and was very happy that this is what Alex decided to do for me...what girl wouldn't want to go shopping on no budget ha! So we shopped and shopped and lucky for me I got a lot of really cute clothes (not maternity)!! Alex was very patient while I went from store to store ha and we even did some more shopping on the weekend! I love him!
After shopping!.

THEN...
We came home and Alex banned me from the Kitchen. I wasn't sure why but figured it was for dinner and it was!! He made such a delicious dinner, I was very impressed! He was so cute and wouldn't let me in until it was ready and set out. So when it was okay, I walked in the kitchen to chicken, asparagus and cheesy potatoes! Yum! He is such a sweet husband and really tries so hard to make things perfect for me. I love his creativity and efforts! Ever year for our favorite holidays he always tries to do something different and something that took some thought...I love this about him! After our great dinner, my family came over and brought me a cake for dessert and more gifts! We had so much fun just hanging out and I LOVE all the gifts I got! I felt very spoiled!
The dinner!

The cake my mom made! It was So good!

I had such a good birthday! Thanks to my family and friends! Love you all!

5 comments:

Kristine said...

That is so awesome! What a sweetie Alex is! Your mom's cake looks yum too!

Courtney Beck said...

Is that sour watermelons I see on the table??? Those are my favorite! My mouth is just watering thinking of them. Looks like you had a fun day and you look so cute with all your bags...reminds me of the movie Pretty Woman.

Debbie 'n Gary Talbot said...

so fun! i'm glad you had a good birthday and got to go shopping(that's what i always do for my b-day:0) it's definitely not as fun when you're big and pregnant and can't fit into the cute stuff so enjoy it while you can!

Casey and Amy said...

Happy Birthday! looks like you had fun!!

Wade and Shayla Steed said...

Danielle Congrats!! I am so excited for you and Alex! I am so sorry it has taken me so long to check my blog! But here is the recepie you asked for if you have not found another recepie already haha.
2 cubes butter (melted)
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups sugar
mix well then add:
1 tsp vanilla
2 to 3 tbsp karo syrup
3/4 tsp salt
4 beaten eggs
2 cups flour
mix well and bake at 350 degress for 25 minutes
mint frosting:
1/2 cube butter
2 cups powder sugar
1/4 tsp mint extract
1/4 cup milk
green food coloring
frost brownies and let set up. you can put them in fridge, then frost with chocolate frosting.
chocoloate frosting:
1/2 cube butter
1/2 cup cocoa
mix well and add:
4 to 6 cups powder sugar
milk to make a good spreading consistency
1 tsp vanilla
and that is it! Congrats again!