A couple of weeks ago my dentist told me I needed to get my wisdom teeth out...such a bummer! Definitely not the kind of thing you want to hear about when you're having a fun summer. But it had to be done. He gave me the option of having a surgeon do it and being put to sleep or he could do it for me and promised a faster recovery. I trusted him, he is a good Friend of the Davis'-all of who promised me too that it's not bad at all if I let him do it. So after much convincing I let our dentist do it with the laughing gas and shots. And surprisingly it wasn't bad! It took him 40 minutes to take all 4 out and then I was right back home.
The only part that did hurt was the first round of shots, but lucky for me my wonderful husband took 2 days off as paid vacation to stay with me!! And so he was right there by my side during the whole thing! Which was so comforting! After he took me home, and completely took care of everything. He went to the store got my prescriptions, bought me food and movies to watch. He kept checking on me to make sure I was okay, and he didn't mind at all just sitting next to me all day while I was completely out of it. He is so sweet! I honestly didn't expect anything less, he is such a thoughtful person. He made everything so much better! And my dentist as promised, said if I had it done on a Thursday I would be back to work by Monday, and I did. I was fine! I am so glad I trusted everyone, and that they're out!
Here is a picture of me before and after the surgery. I barely swole, and what you see in the second picture is from the big gauze in the sides of my mouth.
I am so glad we have such a great dentist and a great husband! Don't know what I would do with out Alex!
No comments:
Post a Comment