August 3, 2009

July 24th and Jam!

For the 24th of July Alex and I decided to finally make our first trip back to Logan. It was a paid Holiday for us, so naturally it worked out really well to make the trek up. We were very excited to see our friends, and drive by all the places we used to go...I know we've only been gone 4 months but feels like forever. When we got there we had a BBQ with the Doyles and the Luce's! It was very tasty and made for a lot of fun! It was like we hadn't skipped a beat...we love our friends! After our BBQ Alex and I left to the Jewell's to see their very cute baby boy! And to wish them a farewell as they leave to California, we'll miss them. Then we returned to the Doyles and headed out to watch some fireworks! We stayed the night and left the next day to go look for a townhome in the Layton area, and sadly after 3 hours of driving, we didn't find anything. So if you know of any cute homes between Centerville and Layton please let me know! Anyway we had a great 24th and are so glad we were able to go and visit!
On another note...my mother in law Shonagh has taught me so many things this summer. And the nice thing is she is a great teacher. I've learned how to play the piano, make jam, several delicious dinners and how to be more Christ-like from her. We've had so much fun together. Just recently we made jam-a whole 10 batches of it. Making jam has always been something I wanted to know how to do, but was always intimidated by the idea. BUT the one she makes is freezer jam which is a lot more simplified but still so good! The recipe comes from the small yellow box called Sure-gel. It's so good and saves a lot of money!

Anyway I am very behind on blogging so I'll be posting again soon. Hope everyone is enjoying the last month of summer!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fun 24th! I think there are some really cute townhomes off of 1-93 near the base. They're built by the same ppl that built the one me and Chris used to live in and we loved ours! I don't know what your price range is but the ones we lived in were really affordable for us. Also, I think they are giving away a T.V. and stuff if you purchase one and they're brand new. Anyway, I have some pics of ours if you want to see them . Good luck house hunting :D It can be a chore but so much fun too!

Kristin and Dan said...

there are some way cute townhomes just north of lagoon in farmington, they are really new and are by garbett homes. they always have the cutest townhomes and have such nice, big windows! haha that is seriously my favorite thing about them. anyway, i know that is a little bit farther south than you mentioned but they are really cute and nice, so i figured i'd let ya know! :)

sounds like a fun 24th of july, and good job on your jam! my mom makes freezer jam too, and it is so yummy, i love it!!

Brett said...

Hey long lost friend! I so want to learn to make freezer jam because that is Brett's fave. You'll have to teach me! Are you renting or buying a townhome? That's exciting I'll keep my eyes open! :D

Caitlin said...

danielle,

if you go to wfrmls.com and then find the link on the left hand side you can access the public link. This is the system that realtors use to list all houses and townhomes all over the state! juts click on the county you want and you can change the price range to narrow the search (there will be a lot!) Also, i know ther are some way cute townhomes in West Haven, I know thats farther north, but there was one for like 134,900, and is only a few years old! Yuo can also print out the map of the area the houses are in (it won't give you exact addresses but it can get you in the general area so that you might be able to drive by it) Hope that helps! :D