December 19, 2009

Holiday Festivities!

Alex and I have been done with our finals for a week now and it has been SO great! We've been enjoying this holiday season by going to a lot of fun things and have loved every minute of it! Nothing is better then free nights with no homework so we've taken full advantage...here are a few things we've been up to.

*Our Christmas tree! I bought all new bulbs, ribbon ect for it and it turned out pretty cute!

*Festival of Trees
My friend Megan got the great idea to go to the Festival of Trees and bring our husbands. Neither of us had been before, and were way excited to go. Somehow both of our spouses had other things going on for the day we wanted to go, Alex had to do some clinical rotations and Taylor had to help someone with their lights all morning. SO we decided we were going anyway and are so glad we did! We both were inspired to go shopping and get more decorations for our trees and we did! We had so much fun!

*At Zions we had a 4th grade class come and decorate our 12 ft. Christmas tree that is in our branch. We loved having all of the little kids there, we showed them the vault, safe deposit boxes and the coin machine...they all thought it was so cool. Our branch manager did such a good job telling them in simple terms about banking and money. We had cookies for them and played Christmas music. It was such a fun morning!

Showing them the very heavy door to the vault.

*That same week, we had our work Christmas dinner in Salt Lake. The restaurant had such a fun atmosphere and we all had a great time!


*We went to the last session for the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert!! We were so glad we got tickets again this year, we absolutely love going! We brought my mom and brother with us and they loved it too! The best part about this performance was at the very end the Prophet came out to say thank you to everyone and Natalie Cole. It was so great! Then to end it the choir sang "God be with you till we meet again" to Natalie. It was so amazing and the spirit was so strong! We are so grateful we were able to go and see that!

*Yesterday we went to the BEST Ugly Christmas Sweater party and are going to the Salt Lake Temple tonight with our ward and to see the lights! Pictures to come!

We've had so much fun! I hope that you are all enjoying your holiday season too!

Happy Holidays!

6 comments:

Kristine said...

Fun times! I LOVE your tree! You always make everything look so cute!

Kristin and Dan said...

I LOVE your christmas tree! so cute!

Anonymous said...

Danielle your tree is beautiful! We had fun hanging out with you guys this weekend

l + j said...

what a pretty christmas tree!

Michelle said...

Sounds like you guys have been doing lots of fun things :)! Your tree looks awesome! I wish I was crafty like you :)!

Madison said...

I love your tree girly!! You did an excellent job! I hope all is well with you!