October 28, 2010

My Golden Birthday!

23 on the 23rd...Golden!!!I love birthdays. They are so fun to celebrate. I love that they call for a time when people recognize your special day and that you get to do something great! I've always enjoyed giving presents and love the holidays!!

My birthday this year was perfect! Lets start with my husband, he made sure to make sure it was very special. He always seems to know what I really want. The weekend before my birthday I woke up to Alex saying I should get out of bed (he was up earlier playing ward basketball), I wondered why he would say that...so a few minutes later I jumped up only to find a trail of $10 dollar bills and love notes all the way from our bed, down the stairs, through the small hall to our kitchen table. Can I just brag for a second....what a sweet husband I have. He is so creative, I love that he doesn't just stick to the same old things. I was very happy!

The love notes were so cute, each said something he loved about me. The final note explained the plans for the rest of the day! So we got ready, ate lunch, went shopping at nordstroms (the lady thought I was a little weird when I paid with $10 bills ha), my mother and father in law coming from Pleasant Grove to take us to dinner! I was so excited that they came to just take me out for my birthday! It was so great! Shonagh, my mother in law also brought her famous peach pie for dessert, its So good! (I forgot my camera so no pictures of that :( )

On Wednesday, my mom and I went to the Lion King!!! It was awesome! Honestly the best show I have ever seen, and highly recommend it! Then on my real birthday my cute mom called asking me to meet her at the store....and she had picked out for me the cutest outfit!!
Thursday the 23rd, I came home from work and there were pretty yellow flowers on our table, Alex and I spent the day/night at dinner, did some more shopping and relaxed. My parents surprised me with a cute sofa/entry way table that I've been wanting for awhile now!! Sunday we celebrated at my parents house! And at work they bought everyone cookies (which are my favorite) from Dough Girl!! And my sweet old boss Lacy brought me dough girl cookies too! So great!
So thank you to everyone for making my birthday so wonderful! It was such a great week! I am very grateful for all of you!!! Yay for birthdays!

Weekend before my birthday






 Wednesday at Lion King!
 Birthday dinner!
 So sweet of him!
 Such great gifts, Clothes and home decor...love it! (table needs more decorations I know, ha not finished yet-picture doesn't do justice)
I love birthdays!

13 comments:

Ninjas said...

Happy happy birthday! Guess what? I have a post like this coming in the near future because I turned 24 on the 24th!
It looks like you got hooked up. You have a great husband + parents!

xo
sf

Boonie and Jenn said...

Glad it was so wonderful! And you deserve every bit of it!!!

Brett and Ciara said...

Alex is such a sweetheart! I'm so glad u had a wonderful celebration! love u girl!

Kristine said...

He's such a cutie! You got a keeper! lol! Congrats on an awesome birthday!

Michelle said...

You're so cute! Glad you had a great birthday! You definately deserve it! Love you girl!

Adam and Jamie said...

What a fun birthday! Man, that's quite the stash of $10 bills. You must have had quite the shopping spree. Sounds like you got to celebrate ALL WEEK LONG!

Sheldon and Chelsea said...

So glad you had a fabulous birthday! We miss you guys and can't wait to hang out!

Kristin and Dan said...

What a cute idea! He is so thoughtful! I'm happy that you had a fun birthday - I agree, birthdays are my favorite holidays ever! It was always birthday WEEK in my family growing up, and it looks like you got to celebrate that long too which is how it should be if you ask me! :) By the way, I love your sofa table - I got one for my house a couple years ago for my birthday and I love it! It's so fun to decorate with, especially for holidays.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a wonderful golden birthday! Ah to be young again..haha jk. I'm glad you had a special birthday, you definetly deserved it! Also, I love the entry table your parents got you. It is so cute and it matches your shelf perfectly.

Benji and Anne King said...

Happy Birthday! What a fun time. Alex is a stud.

Taylor Jewell said...

Happy Birthday. Glad you had such a great day.

megara said...

what a cute husband! thanks for your advice with the frosting :) i ended up using a different one because i didn't have cream cheese on hand. hope your man got home safe!

~H said...

Happy birthday!! :) It sounds like you did have a perfect birthday! I'm glad you did, you deserve it! :) Miss you!