October 3, 2010

So busy....August & Some of September

Well here I am again, 2 months behind in blogging. Sorry for the long posts. Alex and I feel like such busy people...because we are. I started a new job that is going great, am going to school full time online (15 credits), and received a new calling in our ward. I was recently called to be the 2nd counselor in the Relief Society Presidency. I am very grateful for it and so excited for the things to come. I have such amazing women in the Presidency with me and a wonderful committee too! So between those three things, I try and be a good wife and make lunches for Alex and yummy dinners (most of which are from my Freezer Meal group!). It's tough but won't be much longer until I will be graduated and can be a little more of a normal person again ha. Alex is still working at the hospital, helping with the Weber State football team and going to school full time. Needless to say we fully enjoy our weekends.

In August we went to the Real Soccer Game with my boss from Zions, Lacy (now old boss). It was way fun and the stadium is amazing!

Around that same time I had put in my last two weeks at Zions Bank. It was very bittersweet. I loved working there. I am grateful for all of them and for all that they've done for me. Between the flowers, loads of treats, Costa Vida, and sweet gifts I felt so appreciated and cared for by my co-workers! Lacy our csm and Jim our branch manager are so amazing!



Adams Canyon.
Living in Layton my whole life you would have thought that I would have hiked Adams Canyon before...but I haven't and since Alex is from Utah County and doesn't know this area we thought why not! So we went with our good friends and neighbors the Miller's.  Ha They gave us the impression that it was a easy quick hike, or so we thought. Little did we know that 3 1/2 hours later we would be done (mostly because it was labor day and there were so many families on the hike too). It was so pretty and such a great hike!


Enjoying the view.


And then we made it to the waterfall! So pretty!

 That very morning we all decided that since it was Labor day, and we had the day off that we should go golfing...so we golfed 9 holes but took as long as 18 because it was way packed. But we still had a great time. After we went hiking to Adams Canyon. Fun day!
 Miller's, us, and the Adam's.
 


Back in August we went to Lava Hotsprings, ID for our last hurrah for summer. It was the best camping trip I've ever had because it was so random. Our neighbors the Millers and us packed up our suv, ate a huge breakfast at our place and then we were on our way to Lava.
We camped right next to the river, and found a great spot. However when we got there it was very rainy. We were a little worried because all that we wanted to do was outside. But will lots of hope and prayers ha literally, the sun came out just in time. We bought an all day pass and went to the hot springs, which are amazing and so relaxing. We got lunch at one of the 2 restaurants in the town ha, then went to the pool...swam, jumped off incredibly high boards and went down the HUGE slide. It literally goes across the highway. We were going to float the river too but it started raining again. After we went and had a fire at our site, then left to eat dinner at the other restaurant in the town for some pizza. I don't think I can ever say I have been camping and ate at a sit down restaurant. It was awesome, camping clothes and all.
We loved the hotsprings and scary slide! images from google
We had a great time!!

Coming...my birthday post! And our Anniversary!!



5 comments:

The Ostlers said...

I love how spontaneous you guys are! Did you know I grew up playing soccer with Shaylee? I love that you guys are friends...she is great :)

Sheldon and Chelsea said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun. We miss you guys :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new calling! You will love being in the relief society presidency. It is so fun spending time getting to know the women in your ward!

Michelle said...

Sooo many cute pictures! Looks like you've been staying busy doing lots of fun things! You'll be so great in the Relief Society presidency!

Jason and McCall Erickson said...

I am so glad I found your blog! Looks like you have been doing so many fun things!