March 23, 2011

family.

we love spending time with our families. and january was full of just that. we celebrated my sweet moms 60th birthday!!! she looks incredible! i love her so much. she is such an amazing person.  we decided to throw in a few surprises this year. my dad took her to dinner, while they were there Alex and i rushed over to my parents and decorated the dinning room. we told her we'd meet up with her later...my dad made up some excuse to get her to the bowling alley where we surprised her! we played a few games and it was so fun. ha my mom is actually on a bowling league and my dad loves to bowl, they're are pretty good :). although they were very concerned when the lights went off and it turned into galactic bowling..haha they couldn't see a thing. and on Sunday we celebrated with the rest of the family with a big dinner and treats. happy birthday mom!
a fun banner i made for my mom and cute decorations

st. george. such a fun quick getaway to enjoy some warm weather and more importantly to see our little sister miss Lindsey Davis! we love seeing her! she is going to school at dixie and wanted to show us all around. we stayed in the same condo we always do with most of the Davis family. we relaxed. play games. went and made dinner. went to the st. george temple. and hiked the dixie rocks.


and played whiffle ball...a family favorite.
saturday, January 29 was a very special day for us. while we were on our trip Alex and I went to the temple together to remember what happened one year ago. it was bitter sweet. it brought us even closer and helped us to be grateful for what we do have. of course i cried. but we have given an honest effort to be strong, happy and humbled. and i know that through the help of our Heavenly father, with prayers and great efforts we truly are happy and at peace. i am so glad we have the temple to remind us that families are forever. and thank you to all of you who remembered us and sent flowers, texts, called and brought special gifts. my sweet friend Ciara did a beautiful post for us and i can't say thank you enough, the necklace is perfect. we have been so amazed at how many loving family members and friends we have. we are so hopeful for our future. scared but very excited.  

6 comments:

Katie said...

You are so cute and your positive outlook on things is such an example to me. I'm excited for what this year will bring you guys!

Adam and Jamie said...

Thinking of you guys! You are both so strong to have gone through what you did and still have such a happy positive attitude. It was one year ago that we brought you guys dinner and started a great friendship :)

chelsea said...

ahh i'm in need of some serious warmth! i need st. george in my life :) we should get together again!

Anonymous said...

Spending time with family can be so fun! I'm glad you guys were able to go to the temple on that special day. You are seriously the best example of being positive and upbeat even through hard times! Luv ya!

Michelle said...

What cute families you have. We're so blessed to have such great families and in-laws aren't we :). I think about you and what happened last year a lot, especially the last couple months. I'm so glad that I was able to meet you before that all happened and become close friends with you. You and Alex are such wonderful examples. I can't wait for you to have a baby. You and Alex will be such wonderful parents. Well, you already are :). I hope we have babies around the same time and I hope you stay living close! Most of all I just want whats best for you and your little family though. Love you girl!

Sailing with bare feet said...

YOu guys are sooo cute !! Love the blog !!!! I'm new to blogging but i still get super excited when someone follows my blog http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/