![]() |
| Image from worldislandparadise.com |
![]() |
| Image from citypictures.org |
We are going to Hawaii!!!!!! for our graduation gifts to eachother! We are so excited and can't wait! We were deciding between a cruise and Hawaii and ended up choosing the better option :). Our original plans involved our friends the Doyles, but they are pregnant now and can no longer come (congrats you two!). But instead my mother and father in law will be there! They had plans to head to Hawaii with some of their best friends who can no longer go either so they called us as soon as they heard! We would have gone just the two of us either way, but its still a win win having the company of some of our favorite people! We have much to get...more swimming suits, shoes, shorts, just more excuse for me to shop. Its going to be a great trip full of island hopping, site seeing, swimming, snorkeling, great hotels and so much more. But before that we have
some weight to lose....
now that Alex and I are trying to work on being healthier and slim down for our trip I am needing more recipes that are healthy but still good! Any ideas? We are both wanting to run a 10K this summer too and so over a month ago I joined a way cute gym called Pink! with my neighbor Shaylee. We have been going 4 times a week to Zumba, Spinning, Hip hop Zumba and Yoga. We love it and are so glad we joined. I thought I'd leave you with a
A dinner to try...
I love our freezer meal group (you'll remember from here)! I've been doing this for over a year now and have tried some great meals! It's so fun meeting up with the girls and trying new things. This past month, Brooke did Cajun pasta. I was so excited to try it, and its so delicious. So I thought I share it with you, thanks Brooke!
Cajun Chicken Pasta
3/4 lb Rotini
2Tbl. Butter
2 Skinless Boneless Chicken breast halves
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 bunch of green onion chopped (optional)
2 Tbl. spoons Cajun Seasoning (if you want less spicy use 1 Tbl. spoon)
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp ground red pepper
8 oz heavy cream (was told more is better!)
1 green bell pepper cut up
1 red bell pepper cut up
8 oz fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Cook rotini according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken cook until brown. Add garlic, onions, Cajun seasoning, black and red pepper. Add bell peppers and mushrooms. Stir to combine.Cover for 5 minutes. Uncover stir in cream and let simmer another 2 minutes. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Remove sauce from heat. Mix in noodles and serve. Enjoy!


2 comments:
You will Love Hawaii! It is amazing!! I have a few food blogs on my blog if you want to look, they are all about health food!
Danielle! You and Alex are so cute! Thats so exciting you two are going to Hawaii, you both deserve it! You will have a blast! Thats so awesome you do a freezer meal group, how did you get into that? I would love to do something like that!
Post a Comment