April 27, 2009

Home Run Derby and Last Baseball game.

Last week the USU girls softball team put on a Home Run Derby at their field. Anyone could sign up, and a lot of people did. I think there was 70 people total..boys and girls. It was really fun, I left work early to come and watch. They had fun music playing and the stands were pretty full. Ha it was funny to see who signed up, there were guys from the USU basketball team, football team and our Baseball team! Alex did really well. He first hit one Home Run which got him to the 2nd round, once he was up he just went at it and hit 4 Home Runs! That put him to the 3rd round where he hit 3 more. In the end Alex took 3rd place out 70 people...not bad. Ryan (Anna's husband) did really well too but he had to leave early. It was fun to just hang out with Anna and some of the baseball team.
My love...


Ryan-another baseball player
Then Alex had his last baseball game this weekend. He is going to Weber State University this fall, so he can no longer play with USU. They played 2 games against Montana State University and won both!! Alex hit so well and got another Home Run...he is on a roll this past month! I'm so happy for him, it is a great way to leave. It has been a great 3 years! I have loved going to his games, we are both sad it's over. We have made some good friends on the team and will definitely miss the trips!

1 comment:

Kristin and Dan said...

That's awesome he did so great for his last games! I know what you mean - it is sad to have them be done playing for the season! I love watching the games and travelling too, and will be so sad when its over! Good luck moving this week!! Let us know if we can help with anything.